- Q: How is payment done?
A: Payment can be done a few ways, with Personal Check, Money Order for the amount & return shipping or can be done by Credit Card (Visa, Master Charge, or Discover) we always like to settle up payment on charge cards the night before we ship back. This way when we call for payment we will give you the tracking number, time & date of your package arrival, then the credit card info can be exchanged.
- Q: Is this the same process used by the firearm and archery companies?
A: Yes, we use the exact process. (Water transfer printing, Hydro Graphic Printing, Immersion Printing, Cubic Printing, Hydro Imaging and After-Market Dipping)
- Q: Can you do wood stocks?
A: Yes, this process can be used on any item that is 3D in a solid form.
- Q: Can you do stainless steel barrels and receivers?
A: Yes we can, we use a special primer for that application.
- Q: Is the finished product durable?
A: Yes. All materials that we use: catalyzed 2 stage high performance coatings.
- Q: On scopes, what do you mean by "Owners Risk" and what is the success rate of a scope making it thru the process?
A: Owners risk means we are not responsible for replacing your scope if the scope fogs up, meaning that it does not make it thru the process. The dip is not what harms the scope, it is the rinsing process. Our success rate on scopes are 95% making it thru the process. The ones that usually don't make it thru the process are the less expensive types rifle scopes and red dots. We do not do any AO adjustment style scopes. All the newer style triple turret scopes make it thru the process just fine.
- Q: Is there maintenance on the firearm or archery equipment?
A: No, Just a damp clean cloth only, you still need to maintain the interior of your firearm.
- Q. Can you dip previously dipped guns that are factory or aftermarket dipped?
- FACT: Any business conducting firearm coatings, engraving or exterior alterations to receiver "MUST" have FFL 01, 03,or 07 classification. Any business conducting this type of service without an FFL is illegal.
ATF Rut. 2009-1
U.S. Department of Justice
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Any person who is engaged in the business of camouflaging or engraving firearms as described in this ruling must be licensed as a dealer, which includes a gunsmith, under the Gun Control Act. Performing a cosmetic process or activity, such as camouflaging, that primarily adds to or changes the appearance or decoration of a firearm is not manufacturing. Unlike manufacturing processes that primarily enhance a firearm's durability, camouflaging is primarily cosmetic. Likewise, external engravings are cosmetic in nature and primarily affect only the appearance of a firearm.
Held, any person who engages in an activity or process that primarily adds to or changes a firearm's appearance by camouflaging the firearm by painting, dipping, or applying tape does not need to be licensed as a manufacturer under the Gun Control Act.
- Q. Can you dip "Do-It-Yourself" spray camo guns?
A. Yes we totally remove the spray can finish.
- Q: What is the turn around time to get my item back?
A: Since we are one of the more popular shops out there, please call for turn around time.
- Q: How should I ship my product to you?
A: We suggest that you use UPS, FEDEX or U.S. Mail. If you use UPS please take to a Direct UPS station, not a satellite such as Radio Shack. We suggest that you follow the shipping instructions on our web site.
- Q: Is the shop you are looking for to do the work on your item a "full time" working shop holding a Federal Tax ID Number? Is the shop fully insured (commercial) fire, theft & liability? Will your items be secured & locked up before & after the process, in gun safes or a secured area? Does the shop have security alarm system, security gates & bars on the windows? Does the shop hold a FFL? Is the shop well trained, certified schooled processor in water transfer printing?
A: Yes, we are all of the above. Whether you decide to use us "Camo Solutions" or another processor the questions above are for YOU to carefully consider.
- Q: What about Accurized Stocks (bedding compound or pillar systems)?
A: Yes we do, we protect those areas from the process.
- Q: Do you anthing else besides hunting type equipment?
A: No we only specialize in firearms, archery equipment and other associated equipment in the hunting industry. Example of items we don't do: sunglasses, wedding rings, cell phone covers, ceiling fans, toe or belly button rings, or any household items, automotive, ATV, bicycles etc.
- Q: Are special orders available.
A: Yes. The smallest order we can place is 3 meters, the smallest amount we can order for base colors is 1 quart, plus the shipping, (cost of the 3 meters of film, shipping and the quart of base color is absorbed by the customer). Plus this is in addition of the item being processed.
- Q: Can you process your finish on NFA Firearms? (full auto, SBR's, SBS's & Suppressors)
A: yes we can work on NFA Firearms, for the sole purpose of repair and subsequent return to its owner. It is suggested that the owner obtain permission from ATF for the transfer by completing and mailing ATF Form 5 (5320.5) to the NFA Branch and receive approval prior to the delivery. The gunsmith should do the same prior to returning the firearm. Only the face of the form needs to be completed in each instance. ATF Forms 5 may be obtained from the Bureau of ATF, NFA Branch. ATF Form 5 is also available on the internet at www.atf.gov
News & Events
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (FFL License 01 holder)
Pink Camo or Blaze Pink Mossy Oak
Camo Solutions in collaboration with the Breast Cancer Society will donate half our proceeds for any bow, gun or hunting equipment our customer request in Pink Camo or Blaze Pink Mossy Oak.
We will be at the following shows, so look for our booth
International Waterfowl Festival & Outdoor Expo
Siloam Springs, AR